combination of business acumen and legal skill
Prior to founding Weis Law LLC, Ms. Weis was a partner at a leading AmLaw 100 law firm and in-house associate general counsel for a top 100 publicly-traded U.S. commercial bank. Christina is an accomplished advisor to domestic and foreign parties across multiple industries in commercial contracting, commercial transactions, banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, international business transactions and trade, securities, compliance, and regulatory matters.
Why is Weis Law LLC the right choice for your company? Three words answer this question: authentic, collaborative, experienced. Christina works with companies large and small, locally and globally, to help them achieve their goals. Clients appreciate her thoughtful and straightforward approach combined with her comprehensive experience. Please contact her office today to schedule a consultation.
The Experienced Choice In Commercial Contracting
Christina assists businesses with the analysis, development, and implementation of best practices training and identification of strategic solutions for process improvement. She assists clients in the management and implementation of contract management programs, including streamlining master vendor contracts, the review and analysis of contract provisions to conform to regulatory changes, and the evaluation of risk tolerance for a legal perspective.
What does your company need to accomplish in our new normal? Do you need to take another look at existing agreements that might not weather the storm? Do you need to tap new markets and renew strategic alliances? Whatever your commercial objective – Weis Law is ready to assist you with your critical legal issues.
Christina draws on 20 years of experience to draft, negotiate, and review a wide range of commercial contracts, including:
- Distribution Agreements
- Supply/Procurement Agreements
- Consulting Agreements
- Customer-facing Agreements
- Master Service Agreements
- Master Software Agreements
- Vendor Agreements
- Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Manufacturing License Agreements
- Sales Representative Agreements
Over her many years of practice, Christina has advised clients with respect to secured credit facilities, negotiated and documented debt financing (asset-based, letter of credit facilities, mezzanine and second lien loans, syndicated loan facilities), represented businesses and lenders on financing transactions, and counseled clients regarding government contracting.
Securities Law Attorney Serving Kansas City Clients
The capital markets provide businesses with lucrative opportunities, however, navigating the related financial, legal, and regulatory challenges requires the informed representation Weis Law provides. Christina’s representative experience includes advising publicly-held companies on matters such as:
- Periodic reporting and securities law compliance
- Registration and reporting under the Securities Act of 1933
- Registration and reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Public offerings of debt securities
- Private offerings of equity securities
- Draft and review annual reports (Form 10-K), quarterly reports (Form 10-Q), periodic reports (Form 8-K), proxy statements, and other public disclosures required by the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Compliance with state (“Blue Sky”) securities laws
Christina has a proven history of helping corporate clients navigate the complex regulatory framework governing disclosure and reporting requirements so that they can mitigate risk, engage in successful offerings, and achieve their strategic business objectives.
A merger is an agreement in which two companies join together to form one firm. Of course, this is a simplified definition as there are a number of ways for companies to combine into a single legal...
This unprecedented time has seen immense disruption across all facets of our global community, including corporate boardrooms. The best way for executives to navigate the evolving landscape is to consult with an attorney experienced in corporate...
Representing Kansas City Clients in Mergers and Acquisitions
Weis Law represents clients through all phases of mergers and acquisitions – from structuring transactions, conducting due diligence, negotiation, drafting deal documents, to the transaction of closing and post-closing matters.
When you work with Weis Law, you will be provided with trustworthy advice and objective insights that enable you to enter into mergers and acquisitions with confidence.
Christina is a seasoned advisor, well-versed in advising clients in acquisitions, divestitures, and complex structured transactions. Her experience includes:
- Represented U.S. company in purchase of manufacturing facilities in Italy
- Represented German company in acquisition of U.S. manufacturing company
- Advise senior management on transaction terms, drafting and negotiation of transaction documents, transaction closing and post-closing matters
- Management and coordination of large deal teams (both domestic and international)
- Conducted comprehensive due diligence investigations
- Represented closely held technology manufacturing company in the $70 million sale of substantially all of its assets
- Representation of clients in numerous acquisitions, investments and divestitures
- Draft and negotiate agreements for stock and asset acquisitions and mergers
- Represented a global transaction management company in the disposition of $110 million in assets
- Represented client as international due diligence counsel in $6 billion sale to foreign company
International Trade & Compliance
Christina advises businesses in all aspects of international trade law compliance, including U.S. import and export regulations and Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT). Christina conducts import and export compliance assessments, provides training, and helps clients to develop and implement compliance programs. In addition, as a seasoned international trade attorney, Christina assists clients with export licensing and compliance matters under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). She also assists clients with voluntary prior disclosures. Christina has presented on various international law, compliance and contracting issues for many different organizations over the course of her career.
- Advise clients engaged in cross-border transactions regarding compliance with international trade laws
- Assisted clients regarding the establishment and termination of overseas dealerships
- Advised Italian clients regarding U.S. export compliance issues
- Assist client regarding EXIM Bank financing
- Advise various clients regarding U.S. import and export regulation
- Conducted import and export compliance audits and training for various clients
- Develop and assist in the implementation of trade compliance programs, including in-house training
- Assist clients with respect to export licensing under the EAR and ITAR, voluntary disclosures, and commodity jurisdiction rulings
International Overview - The Attorney
Christina Weis was born and raised in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. However, her interests were abroad and she resided in Milan, Italy for 13 years. While in Milan, she studied at Universita’ Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, focusing on law and economics, and started her own company that specialized in business and economics translations for major commercial and industrial clients. She is fluent in Italian. Christina draws on her years of experience as an expatriate, company owner, and lawyer dealing with legal issues and individuals from around the world to assure that suggested legal solutions fit the cultural context of her clients’ business goals.
International Business Transactions
Christina counsels foreign and domestic parties in a broad range of international business and regulatory matters, ranging from international agreements and cross-border transactions to overseas dealerships, and EXIM bank financing. She has also assisted clients in international due diligence, investigations, and project management.
Christina has assisted clients with numerous international contracts and related matters including:
- International license agreements
- Purchase agreements
- Supply agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Sales representative agreements
- Manufacturing and license agreements
- Merchant agreements
- Assist clients regarding the establishment and termination of overseas dealerships
- Assist client with EXIM Bank financing
Why Corporate Governance Matters
Today, business leaders must be proactive in adhering to changing rules and regulations, meeting fiduciary obligations, and implementing best practices. Weis Law advises private and public companies, boards of directors, and senior management on corporate governance matters related to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Attorney Weis works closely with each client to develop workable procedures and internal control mechanisms. She provides counsel on governance structure and oversight, risk management, and D&O indemnification and insurance issues.
Working to mitigate risks and foster ethical standards
Additionally, Ms. Weis provides guidance on related corporate governance matters, such as:
- Best practices
- Codes of ethics and conduct
- Fiduciary duties
- Conflicts of interest and liability
- Regulatory enforcement
- Public disclosure advice
- Senior management succession policies
- Risk assessments
- Compliance programs and procedures
Above all, Weis Law works with clients to mitigate risks and foster ethical standards that resonate throughout the corporate culture.
By Appointment Only Call our office 844.991.3113
300 E. 39th Street #28
Kansas City, MO 64111
We can’t deny that it’s a different day to do business in any industry, in any location anywhere on our planet. There are many new variables in play that offer both opportunity and risk. If your business needs help in this unprecedented environment, please consider contacting Weis Law LLC to discuss your corporate law needs. Further, given the impact of globalization and technological advancements on commercial and secured transactions, businesses must be able to navigate increasingly competitive markets while acquiring and retaining customers and clients. The best way to protect your interests and achieve your business objectives is to consult with Weis Law LLC. Please reach out to Christina today to learn about her firm and the corporate legal services she provides.